You can apply for incorporation online, by uploading the required form; or manually, by returning the form to us in the post or by email. There is no fee when applying to incorporate as a charitable trust.
Please follow the steps below to submit your application.
If you are applying online
Before you apply online for incorporation as a charitable trust board, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Office
You’ll also need to have all the necessary information ready.
To submit your application using our online service:
- Log in to your online services account.
- Select ‘Incorporate a Charitable Trust’ from the online dashboard.
- Enter proposed name of your charitable trust board and check on name availability by clicking ‘Name Availability Check’, if you have not already done this by searching our registers.
- Select the application type – trustees as a board.
- Upload the required application form, trust deed/rules and any supporting documents, and select ‘Next Step Addresses’.
- Add your registered office and communication addresses, and email and phone, if you wish (optional).
- On the review screen, check all information entered and complete the signatory details.
- Select ‘Submit’.
To submit your application manually
- Download Form CT1 - Application by trustees for incorporation as a charitable trust board.
- Complete the application form (see requirements).
Send the completed application form, and a copy of the trust deed or rules to us.
By post to —
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
or by email to email@example.com
What happens next
We'll check your application. The processing time is up to 3 working days from the date we receive your application.
If your application is in order, we will register your board name. We’ll email or post a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation to the person who filed the application.