Keeping charitable trust board details up to date
- Your responsibilities What you’re required to do once you’ve registered your charitable trust board.
- Changing your trust board's address How to update the address details for your charitable trust board.
- Changing your trust board's name A charitable trust board can change its name by applying to the Registrar.
- Updating names to include macrons You can use macrons in your trust board's name, and in street names for registered addresses.
- Making changes to a trust or a board's rules If there are changes to a trust, or its board's rules, you are required to let us know.
- Requesting a correction to the register What to do if there's a mistake on the register you can't correct yourself.
Other help topics
Getting started on the register
Find out about charitable trusts and the Charitable Trusts Register, how to set up an online services account, and where to start when incorporating a charitable trust board.
Searching the Charitable Trusts Register
Searching the register for information about charitable trust boards and their status.
Starting a charitable trust board
To incorporate a charitable trust board you must submit an application, along with the required documents. There is no registration fee.
Ending a charitable trust board
There are two ways to end a charitable trust board. If the board is no longer operating, it can apply to be dissolved. If it is unable to pay its debts, it can be placed in liquidation.
Restoring a charitable trust board to the register
A trust board that has been removed from the Charitable Trusts Register can apply to us to be restored.
Managing your online account
Your online services account allows you to update and manage personal and organisation account details from your online dashboard.
Find the forms you'll need to register your charitable trust board or keep its details up to date. Please note: there are no fees for registering or maintaining a charitable trust board.