Changing your trust board's address
How to update your details on the register
A range of information is held on the register about each charitable trust board. This includes a number of addresses — registered office, address for communication, and email addresses.
Registered office address
You’re legally required to tell us, within a month, when your registered office address changes.
The registered office address must be a physical address in New Zealand, that is, it can't be a P.O. Box, Private Bag or DX, or a virtual office (mail or message collection point).
If the registered office address is that of a chartered accountant or lawyer, or the offices of any other person, then full details are required — for example, the name of the firm, including details of the location.
Address for communication
We’ll also need a current ‘address for communication’. While not mandatory, this allows us to contact you easily when we need to.
The address for communication can be either a postal address (for example, a PO Box) or a residential address.
How to update your address details
To change an address online
If you're updating your details online, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Office
- authority to manage information for your charitable trust board.
Then follow these steps:
- Log in to your online services account.
- On the dashboard, select the charitable trust board you wish to update from 'My Businesses'.
- On the 'View Details' page, select the 'Addresses' tab, and click the 'Change Addresses' button.
- Add the new address or addresses, and insert this information in all other relevant fields.
- Complete the signatory details and click 'Submit'.
To submit your request manually
- Download Form CT4 – Change of contact details for a charitable trust board.
- Complete the form, making the necessary changes.
Send your completed form to us.
By post to —
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
or by email to email@example.com