If a charitable trust board has been removed from the register, but continues to operate, it can apply to us to be restored. If the application is granted, the trust board is treated as though it were never removed
What you’ll need to provide
To apply to have a charitable trust board restored to the register, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Form CT6 – Request to restore a charitable trust board to the register
- the trust board's current contact details (if these have changed)
- the date the trust board was dissolved (removed from register)
- evidence the trust board was carrying on operations since it was dissolved (for example, bank statements, a lease agreement)
- if the trust board’s trust deed or rules have changed, a signed copy of the rule changes, with the alteration of rules cover sheet; or a full set of rules if there is not already one on the register.
How to apply to restore a trust board
To apply online
To apply online to have a trust board restored to the register, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Office.
Then follow these steps:
- Log in to your online services account.
- Search for the charitable trust board you wish to restore and click on its name to view its details. (For instructions on searching the register, refer to ‘How to search for a charitable trust boards'. See link below)
- On the 'View Details' page, from the 'Maintain Charitable Trust Board' menu, select 'Lodge Other General Documents'.
- Select 'Request to Restore a Charitable Trust Board’ from the list of document types.
- Upload your completed application as the 'Document'.
- If you have additional documents to submit (such as a copy of the board's trust deed or rules), please use the 'Supporting Documents' service. If more than one document is required, please combine the documents and upload them together.
- Click 'Submit'.
To submit your request manually
- Download Form CT6 — Request to restore a charitable trust board to the register.
- Complete the form and attach any supporting documentation (as described above).
Send your completed form to us.
By post to —
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next
Your application is reviewed to ensure all requirements are met.
- You are notified by letter of the outcome of the request.
- If your application is accepted, the charitable trust board is immediately restored to the register.
- The Registrar gives public notice of all restored trust boards in the New Zealand Gazette.
For further information
If you'd like to know more about restoring charitable trust boards, read section 26 of the Charitable Trust Act 1957.