Setting up your online services account
Register to use our online services
Creating an online services account with the Charitable Trusts Register allows you to complete most of your register updates online and it's free to set up. There are 2 steps to setting up an account — ensuring you have a RealMe® login, and choosing the type of account you need.
Terms and conditions
When you create an online services account, you'll be asked to agree to our terms and conditions. These set out your responsibilities and help ensure the information you provide is kept secure. By doing so, you're committing to keeping your information on the register up to date.
1. Ensure you have a RealMe® login
To create an online services account you must first have a RealMe® username and password. If you already have a RealMe login, you can use this to begin setting up your online services account with us.
If you already have a RealMe login
Click the 'Login' button at the top of the page if you already have a RealMe username and password.
Creating a RealMe login
If you don't already have a RealMe® login:
- Select the 'Create' link at the top of this page.
- Select 'Create a RealMe login' and follow the instructions to create a username and password.
Forgotten username or password
If you've forgotten your RealMe username or password:
- Click the RealMe logo at the top of this page.
- Select ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’.
- Choose to receive your username or password by email or text.
2. Choose the type of account
When you log in to the register with RealMe for the first time, you’ll be asked what type of online services account you would like to set up, or if you would like to join an existing organisation account.
There are two types of online services account: an individual account, and an organisation account.
- Select ‘I want to set up an individual account’ if you’ll be the only one using the account to manage the trust board's information.
- Select 'I want to set up an organisation account' to become the administrator of a new organisation account, where there'll be a number of people accessing the register on behalf of your trust board.
- Select 'I have an activation code' if you have received an invitation email (with an activation code) to join an organisation account as a user.
I want to set up an individual account
Choose this option if you’re an individual acting on behalf of a trust board.
Please note that your name will be given as the document presenter on public register filings, along with your postal address. If this poses a problem, you may wish to consider using a registered office address or box number when setting up your account.
To set up an individual account:
- Enter your user details.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click ‘Create Individual Account’.
I want to set up an organisation account
Choose this option if you're creating an online services account on behalf of an organisation.
In setting up the organisation account, you become the account administrator, and can add or remove other account users and edit their details. You can also appoint another user to be an account administrator.
The organisation's general information apply to each user associated with your organisation.
The organisation will be shown as the document presenter on public register filings, along with the organisation name and postal address.
To set up an organisation account:
- Enter your individual user details, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select 'Next Step: Create Organisation Account'.
- Enter your organisation and contact details, i.e. physical address etc.
- Enter your own contact details with the organisation.
- Click 'Create Organisation Account'.
I have an activation code
Choose this option if you've received an email containing an activation code. This means an administrator of an existing organisation account has begun the process of creating a user account for you.
To activate your account as a new user:
- Enter your activation code and click 'Continue'.
- Complete all mandatory fields, if not already pre-populated.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click 'Create Individual Account'.
Confirm your authority to manage information
Before you can use your online services account to manage a trust board’s information on the register, you’ll need to confirm that you have the authority to do so. If you use your account to incorporate a new trust board, you will have your authority confirmed automatically. To manage information on the register for an existing trust board you must confirm to us that you have been authorised to access and update the trust board’s details.