You can apply for incorporation online, by uploading the required form. There is no fee when applying to incorporate as a charitable trust board.
Please follow the steps below to submit your application. You must submit your application to us before 5pm on 4 October 2023. After this deadline, we can no longer accept any applications to incorporate as a society-based charitable trust board.
How to apply online
Before you apply online for incorporation as a society-based charitable trust board, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Office
You’ll also need to have all the necessary information ready.
Step by step
To submit your application using our online service:
- Log in to your online services account.
- Select ‘Incorporate a Charitable Trust’ from the online dashboard.
- Enter proposed name of your charitable trust board and check on name availability by clicking ‘Name Availability Check’, if you have not already done this by searching our registers.
- Select the application type – society as a board.
- Upload the required application form, trust deed/rules and any supporting documents, and select ‘Next Step Addresses’.
- Add your registered office and communication addresses, and email and phone, if you wish (optional).
- On the review screen, check all information entered and complete the signatory details.
- Select ‘Submit’.
What happens next
We'll check your application. The processing time is up to 3 working days from the date we receive your application.
If your application is in order, we will register your board name. We’ll email the Certificate of Incorporation to the person who filed the application.