You can apply for incorporation online, by uploading the required form; or manually, by returning the form to us in the post or by email.
Please follow the steps below to submit your application.
If you are applying online
Before you apply online for incorporation as a charitable trust board, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Office
You’ll also need to have all the necessary information ready.
To submit your application using our online service:
- Log in to your online services account.
- Select ‘Incorporate a Charitable Trust’ from the online dashboard.
- Enter proposed name of your charitable trust board and check on name availability by clicking ‘Name Availability Check’, if you have not already done this by searching our registers.
- Select the application type – society as a board.
- Upload the required application form, trust deed/rules and any supporting documents, and select ‘Next Step Addresses’.
- Add your registered office and communication addresses, and email and phone, if you wish (optional).
- On the review screen, check all information entered and complete the signatory details.
- Select ‘Submit’.
To submit your application manually
- Download Form CT2 – Application by a society for incorporation as a charitable trust board.
- Complete the application form (see requirements).
Send the completed application form, and a copy of the trust deed or rules to us.
By post to —
Private Bag 92061
Victoria Street West
or by email to email@example.com
What happens next
If your application is in order, your board name will be registered. We’ll email or post a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation to the person who filed the application.